Monday 5 August 2013

The Bash come to Emerald

A great way to start your day - with a variety bash! It started here in Emerald & heading to mission beach. So I was down to the start line bright and early at 6am to capture the big event all the photos are taken on my iPhone so you can have sues view of a variety bash!!






Now holding up the starting line arch is tried and true method -rope to the bullbar!






Cars might be running but the ol body needs a kick start so the coffee station was a favourite




The atmosphere was fun everyone was chatty and laughing it was great to see the cars up close here are some favs I won't bore you with them all!!
Here's one for you Sallyanne you sure you tiger & pooh haven't gone on an adventure ?!?!






Here you go all the blue brother fans



This was my favourite, it was the Beverly hillbillies



Lovely outfits to match


And I wish you could hear them coz they were playing the music and people were singing along



This car was noisy too they played all rock songs- loudly!


Surfing songs here


All reved up & nowhere to go





And Matt I'm sure you can tell me what sort of tanker this one is!


Media coverage


Bit of a worry if RACQ who's supposed to fix was in need of fixing!!



Then they were off!














While I was waiting I took some shots of work, we have new computer screens that change every few seconds



And they wanted to charge us $5000 to have our offices captured in the race!! We declined their offer as it is a bit hard to miss us on the starting line !!!






And here it was an hour later when I came to work - all gone you 'd never know there had been hundreds of cars and people !



And that was the bash!

1 comment:

  1. Still got mixed feelings about this thing as I followed them a month later when I did my Simpson Desert trip... They had torn up the track something bad and every 1-2 ks, you could see where they had done donuts and stuff off the side of the road. Might be all fun, might raise some cash for some good causes, but they did some serious damage to the land.... Like I said, mixed feelings....

    ReplyDelete